We all have those precious moments in our lives that we cherish. Moments that we would like to relive over and over again because of how special or magical they are. Picture this; a mother holding her bouncing baby for the first time immediately after delivery, an elephant guiding her young calf on his first steps, a young student receiving a prize for emerging the best in the entire country. Moments such as these make us want to have a camera close by so that we can capture them.
It is often said that a picture is worth a thousand words. A photograph has the capacity to speak for itself without the need to have text accompanying it. Forget photo captions, they’re just meant to bring out the humor in the photo.
Photography has evolved over time and gone are the days when people used pin-hole cameras, dark rooms and films. With the digital tsunami that has swept over all continents of the world, digital cameras have not only made photography easier but have also improved the quality of photographs. It is now much easier to take photos, produce them and even store them. All thanks to the digital revolution. The beautiful thing is that things just keep getting better with the rapid technological advancement.
As a photographer, you will need to keep up with technology’s rapid growth. You will need to know the new camera models and the features they come with. Upgrading your tools of trade regularly is mandatory in order to achieve the best results in capturing the precious moments.
Recent advancements in cameras lead to the necessity of producing high quality photographs. Despite the various editing software available today that improves the quality of photographs, having a top notch camera is still important. With this in mind, here are the top five digital SLR‘s for photography that you might need to add to your collection.
Nikon D800 (Photo credit)
- This is a 36.3 megapixel model with a sports a CMOS sensor
- It has a speed capacity of 4 fps.
- It can be used with a range of lenses due to its F mount
- It captures full 1080p video at up to 30fps
- Its minimum shutter speed is 30 seconds
2. Nikon D3200
- This is a 24MP CMOS sensor
- ISO 100-6400 (plus ISO 12,800-equivalent Hi1 setting)
- Full HD 1080p30 video (with 25p and 24p options)
- Twin IR remote receivers
- 4 fps continuous shooting.
3. Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D
- This is an 18 Megapixel APS-C with a CMOS sensor.
- It has a DIGIC 4 processor with ISO 100-6400 (Expansion to 12800).
- It comes with a Full HD movie recording with manual control and selectable frame rates.
- Its Digital zoom in movie mode is (3x – 10x).
- Its ‘Scene Intelligent Auto’ exposure mode replaces full auto mode).
4. Nikon D7000
- It has a high resolution of 16.2 megapixel DX format CMOS sensor.
- Amazing high speed of 6 fps continuous shooting, taking up to 100 shots
- Full-1080p-HD Movies with Fulltime Autofocus.
- Dynamic ISO with a range of 100 to 6400.
- 39 point AF system with 3D tracking.
5. Canon EOS 1100D
- This is a 12megapixel model with CMOS sensor.
- It has a 63-area iFCL color-sensitive metering.
- 9 point AF system.
- 720p movie recording at 30 or 25fps.
- ISO sensitivity 100-6400.
So, which one will you add to your collection?